About Akhand Jyoti
1 out of 3 blind people in the world live in India, and low-income states like Bihar share a significant burden of this population. Akhand Jyoti Eye Hospital (Akhand Jyoti) started with a Vision to help eradicate curable blindness by providing in low-income states of India affordable, accessible, sustainable, quality curative and preventive eye care services, and empower women to achieve this. The first goal is to make the state of Bihar blind free by 2022. Starting in 2006, our approach to specifically target and reach out to the poor, blind patient from rural areas has made us one of the top 5 eye hospitals in India. Our belief that we are not merely an eye hospital but a platform for ushering bigger societal change in local communities propelled our differentiator – we eradicate blindness by empowering women in the process. Therefore, Akhand Jyoti not only restores sight (and thereby income and dignity) to the most deprived sections of society but also incorporates an active gender equality programme aimed at empowering women & girls in strong patriarchies. We also intend to establish the world’s first Centre of Excellence in eye care in a rural area (in Bihar of course), thereby bringing speciality world-class treatment to the doorsteps of the most deprived sections of our population. In summary:
– We are currently doing 62,000 eyes (cataract) surgeries while treating 500,000 people each year. 80% of these are provided free of charge to people unable to afford the treatment cost.
– Akhand Jyoti aims to treble its operational capacity so that it spearheads the efforts to make Bihar blind free by 2022.
– Under our unique “Football to Eyeball” programme, village girls are encouraged to play football and trained to qualify as an Optometrist professionally. This empowers local girls to cure blindness and to make a broader societal impact in a very patriarchal society.
– After 2022, Akhand Jyoti expects to expand its operations in other poor states of India.
– We are predominantly reliant on donations for funding and therefore plan to staff vacant positions in our fundraising department.
About the position
Reporting to the Executive Director – Fundraising, the Senior Manager- Fundraising (SMF) shall be responsible for developing and implementing innovative resource mobilization strategies and will be based out of Mumbai & Delhi (1 position each). S/he shall also be responsible for actively engaging with potential funders, leading the development as well as delivery of fundraising strategy, identifying new opportunities through institutional, corporate and individual channels. The incumbent shall develop both long and short-term strategic fundraising plans to generate funds. The SMF should be familiar with new funding models and be able to independently write and mature fundraising proposals. S/he should be able to bring fundraising focus on HNIs & CSR/ Indian philanthropy and corporates.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
(1) Ensure target-oriented resource mobilization to deliver strategy and annual work plans;
(2) Research and identify potential funding opportunities from HNIs, institutional donors and corporates;
(3) Develop and operationalize strategies for donor acquisition and retention;
(4) Write customized concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission;
(5) Adapt, customize and align projects undertaken by the organization, with the mandate of donors;
(6) Engage with the communication team to plan and help develop appropriate communication strategies for donors;
(9) Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to deliver a resource mobilization strategy, including an effective information management system;
(10) Undertake independent research to identify alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the organization;
(11) Set-up and lead the resource mobilization team with clear and defined goals; Monitor and track team performance on a monthly basis; Provide performance updates to the ED and facilitate regular training of the team for skill-set enhancement;
(13) Represent the organisation at forums and networks, with sector/ non-sectoral representatives for greater outreach.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma in Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Communication or other relevant disciplines from a respected educational institution.
(1) Minimum 7-10 years of experience in donor fundraising/ resource mobilization/ business development, including four years at the senior level;
(2) Proven track record of establishing high-value partnerships and meeting fundraising targets;
(3) Experience in networking, negotiating and influencing, at a senior level and with high profile clients;
(4) Good knowledge of the social development sector.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
(1) Sound understanding of non-profit fundraising principles;
(2) Excellent proposal writing skills;
(3) Dynamic personality and ability to engage with people;
(4) Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate challenging situations to achieve goals and deadlines;
(5) Demonstrated honesty and integrity of a high order;
(6) Excellent people management skills;
(7) Excellent oral and written communication skills;
(8) Strong networking and negotiation skills;
(9) Willingness to travel.
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive. The offer shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Eligible candidates interested in the positions are requested to urgently apply to the Sr Manager – Human Resources at email@example.com (with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) along with an updated resume including names and contact details of at least two referees, by or before October 31, 2018
Source: Apply from here Click on link below