₹30,000 – ₹35,000 a month
The Store Manager is responsible for driving top-line sales, increasing margin, ensuring best quality merchandise and increasing profitability to meet the Company’s overall business objectives of providing professional eye exams, competitive prices, quality product selection and remarkable customer service. The Store Manager has accountability of all aspects of store operations. The Store Manager is also the champion of our people development programs through coaching, mentoring and performance management.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Optm (Bachelor of Optometry)
- 3-5 years of retailed background in Optical industry
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Excellent business and financial acumen including operational analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail operations, processes and policies
- Applies leadership, creative thinking and analytical skills to improve individual store sales and profit performance and is an expert in solving operational issues.
- Builds an effective store team that work collaboratively to achieve results
- Addresses the store’s unique strengths and challenges
- Establishes clear objectives for store staff, communicates expectations with clarity and sets high standards of expectations for performance
- Sets the standard for a remarkable customer/patience service experience.
- Works closely with General Manager with the objective of achieving and exceeding financial plans for the store.
- Learns quickly and adapts to facing new problems; works to solve for a creative solution
- Versatile learner; retains an open mind when adapting to change
- Marshals resources to get tasks done efficiently; can orchestrate many activities to accomplish the goal of driving sales through superior service
- Ensures the daily sales are reviewed daily and identifies gaps and places solutions in place to close the gap
- Reinforces the store selling strategy
- Protects the company through loss prevention
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure that employees are committed to the handbook guidelines
Strives to achieve all targets in the following areas:
- Remarkable customer service scores
- Sales to Plan
- Controlling labour
- Store Operating Profit to Plan
- Exam Growth and Customer Retention
Procurement and Inventory Management
- Procurement and store management, vendor management, payments and recovery.
- Inspection and approval the quality of any incoming/outgoing merchandise.
- Maintain optical inventory with latest design merchandise.
- Creating a strong partnership with professional services.
- Complying with inventory count schedules, maintaining and organizing back stock, and maintaining availability of necessary product for business needs to maximize sales.
- Maintaining Inventory registers and other documentation.
- Guide patients with the proper ophthalmic frame and lens selection to fulfil their needs, wants, lifestyle to consistently increase the sales.
- Manage the customer service program to ensure customer satisfaction and retention of existing business.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and the optical lab ensuring quality customer services and timely deliveries.
- Conduct various vision examinations along with Adjustment, dispensing and repairing of spectacles.
- Resolve customer complaints effectively to customer satisfaction as per company policies.
Sales and Marketing
- Market and promote optical practice to maximize sales and build patient loyalty.
- Implement advertising and internal strategies to consistently increase customer base.
- Monitor sales and inventories to ensure profitability.
- Maintain Doctor Relations.
- Ensure proper lab coordination so that “Now Service” and “Ready When Promised” are achieved.
- Set monthly, quarterly and annual targets and strive to achieve them.
- Prepared monthly budgets and sales projections.
- Analyse policies and procedures to ensure corporate compliance.
- Effectively schedule optometrists and Sales executives to ensure proper coverage at all times.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Payable as well as managed relationships with other companies/ vendors/ buyers.
- Train and develop sales associates, enforcing compliance with Company standards and execution of training programs
- Develop and strengthen associates via weekly Goal Setting & Review meetings.
- Analyse daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to ensure all staff members are achieving desired goals.
- Delegates tasks to accomplish objectives through others.
- Works cross functionally with other managers and resources to drive brand objectives and strategies
- Optometrist/ Sales Executive
Key Style Characteristics:
- Bias For Action / Entrepreneurialism – Willingness to “roll up her/his sleeves” and work in a lean fast paced start-up environment
- Collaboration – Comfortable working in decision making teams and ability to influence employees positively
- Simplicity / Focus – Ability to focus on a few important items that matter and truly drive results.
- Adaptability – The ability to retain an open mind for change, ability to move in different direction, ability to remain bias free.
- Critical Thinking – Must be able to make well-thought out recommendations using data
- Accountable – Must stand behind commitments, take responsibility for words/actions and be accountable for individual and team goals.
- Resilience – Ability to cope and maintain emotional separation from issues; ability to manage stress and be graceful in stressful situations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹30,000.00 to ₹35,000.00 /month
- Optical: 3 years (Preferred)
- work: 3 years (Preferred)